Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hand Surgery and the ADD Artist

A couple of months ago I found out that not all the pain in my hands was from the paint poisoning: I also had severe carpal tunnel syndrome. So bad, in fact, that the nerve in my good hand is dying, and ASAP surgery arranged. The recovery from the first operation taught me that I am incapable of doing nothing, and I managed to split open the (open palm) incision twice, to the irritation of my surgeon. When we did the right hand earlier this week, I found this message on my splint when I woke up. (Does typing count?)

2 comments:

  1. I came across your post trying to research Post op CTR surgery issues... What did it look like when you burst your stitches? I fear I overextended and did something to my incision site (it's partially casted but I managed to pull the stuff aside and view area.. looks like alot of skin above stitches area and a little weird.. not infected just wonder if I did much the same... Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't guess, go get it looked at. This is too important to take chances. Your surgeon will probably see you immediately, as mine did.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!